Tamil New Year is also called as Puthu varusam in the Tamil language and Chithirai Varusap pirappu by Tamil people who are living all over the world.
Tamil New Year in 2017.
Tamil New Year will be celebrated in the month of April in the English year 2017. It will be called as Hevilambi in Tamil. As per Sri Lanka calendar 13th April (Thursday) Sinhala & Tamil New Year Day will be celebrated.
Tamil New Year is called as "Puthu varusam" and "Chithirai Varusap pirappu" in Tamil by Tamil people who are living all over the world. It is another special day in the Hindu calendar and it is celebrated by Hindu community specially in Sri Lanka and India. On this Holiday people used to celebrate with special worship at their local temples after taking shower at auspicious time and will wear new clothes with colors which are mentioned in the "Panchangam" the Almanac and used to share and eat specially prepared foods on that day.
Name of the New Year that is going to start in the year 2017 will be with the Tamil name "Hevilambi".
This Tamil New year will start on Thursday 13/04/2016.
- Name: Hevilambi Varudam
- Time: 12:48AM, Thursday 13/04/2016
- Star: Visakam 3m Patham.
- Color for this New Year: Yellow and dark gray (Kabila Niram) or Yellow Silk
- To Shower (Visu Punniya Kaalam): 08:48 PM 13/04/2017 to 04:48 AM 14/04/2016.
To present and accept money (Kai Visesham):
- New year birth time.
- on 14/04/2017 Friday - 12:09AM to 12:31AM
- on 15/04/2017 Saturday - 10:38AM to 11:38AM
- on 16/04/2017 Sunday - 09:52AM to 11:51AM
- Medam, Viruchigam - Samapalan
- Idapam, Thulam - Subam
- Mithunam, Kanni - Perunastam
- Thanusu, Meenam - Nastam
- Magaram, Kumbam - Labam
- Kadakam - Samapalan
- Simmam - Athiga Laabam